I started this blog because after changing my diet for 30 days I was so hooked. I talked to anyone and everyone that would listen to me about paleo. I figured that all my jabber was probably getting a bit annoying so I thought blogging would be a great outlet for me.
Honestly, I’m not sure how many people read my blog. Maybe no one does. Well, I’m sure my mom does. Hahaha! Either way I find it enjoyable to share my experience with the world, and even if only one person follows, it’s worth my time.
Pretty much all of the recipes that I share here are not my own. They are just my personal favorites that I have tried that I decide to share. I have a few paleo cookbooks, and follow some paleo bloggers. I also do lots of google searches for paleo recipes. My favorite paleo blogger/author is Julie Bauer of Paleomg.com Her recipes are consistently delicious and pretty simple. I have 2 of her books, and make many of the recipes from her website. I’m a bit of a stalker…lol! Not really, I just love her recipes. You will too if you start making them!
Anyway, about a week ago, she shared one of my instagram photos that I had tagged her in. What’s crazy about it is she has over 238k followers. INSANE! It was about 11am when I logged on to find that I had 70 new followers. I thought there must have been some mistake. Or maybe it was 70 of those fake pages. The follow for follow kind or something. Turns out they were all real people that were interested in my story. How cool?!?!! I am so humbled and thankful for this opportunity to share my experience!
When this all started out I figured my family and close friends would follow me. I guessed a couple hundred people at the most. I never imagined over 650 strangers would be interested in my paleo journey. Today I have over 700 followers and the number climbs a little each day. It just amazes me!
I know that sometimes, just the idea of changing your diet is scary. It sounds almost impossible. I hope that you can find a little inspiration here. I hope that my words are helpful to you with your own journey. I am so thankful to all of you who have chosen to listen to me ramble on about my meals and experiences.
The past 21 months have been a really fun and exciting learning experience for me. I feel happier and healthier now than ever before. I am hoping that someday I can start creating some of my own original recipes too. But for now, I will continue to share some of my favorite finds. I have shared this one before, back in February of 2015, but it is so delicious, its worth sharing again. My husband and little one love it too, so its definitely a keeper! Hope you enjoy it too!
- 4 pieces of bacon, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 yellow onion, minced
- 1.5 lbs. chicken, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 (14oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 (6oz) cans of diced green chiles
- 1 head of cauliflower, riced with food processor or grater (or a pre-riced bag from Trader Joe's)
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- avocado, for garnish
- chopped green onion, for garnish
- place a large pot over med heat and add bacon. cook until crispy, then set aside on paper towel
- remove some bacon fat from the pan, leaving behind about 3-4 tablespoons
- add garlic, onion and chicken to the pan. sprinkle with salt and cook until chicken is almost cooked through.
- add in the tomatoes, chiles, and cauliflower. mix well, then add some salt.
- next add in the chili powder and red pepper flakes. mix well.
- lower heat to med-low and simmer for about 10 mins.
- stir in bacon.
- place in a bowl then garnish with avocado and green onions.